Sunday, March 05, 2006

Performing vs. Writing

Over the last 8 weeks I've been taking a performance class. Over this period, I've been focusing on getting 3 songs just right. This means practicing them at home and on stage.

What I found is that my songwriting has really slowed down during this period. I've developed a few melodies and started some lyrics, but haven't completed anything.

My musical energy is now focused on performing, not songwriting. Hopefully after the performance, I can get back into the songwriting groove. Of course with the whitewater season coming soon, the struggle for my free time will begin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fellow songwriter I always find I have periods where I can write loads of songs at once and then have a blank period. I always date my songs in my songwriting book and it is clear to see that this is always the case with me. Congrats on your first comment and keep writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home